PayPal Member of Technical Staff-II,Architect in Austin, Texas
Member of Technical Staff-II,Architectin Austinat PayPal
Date Posted: 4/26/2018
Employee Type: Full-Time
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 4/26/2018
Job ID: R0030214
HELP US REIMAGINE MONEY.
At PayPal, we believe that now is the time to democratize financial services so that moving and managing money is a right for all citizens, not just the affluent. We are driven by this purpose, and we uphold our cultural values of collaboration, innovation, wellness and inclusion as our guide for making decisions and conducting business every day. It is our duty and privilege to be customer champions and put those we serve at the center of everything we do.
We are one team that respects and values diversity of thought for everyone, everywhere, and we actively seek to create an energizing workplace that brings out the best in all of us. If you’re ready to shape the future of money, join the team at PayPal. We're proud to work here. You will be too.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The PayPal Office of the CIO (OCIO) is looking for an exceptionally talented and highly motivated Omni Channel Architect with deep expertise in customer service product architecture. This individual will be responsible for turning our omni channel vision into reality. The OCIO Technical Architect will achieve success by relying on their superior soft and hard skills to navigate and excel in our Agile and fast-moving technology culture. This person will take a role partnering directly with our business stakeholders and technologists to translate business objectives into architecture and design for our three-year customer service transformation effort. Specify robust, responsive, secure architecture and design aligned to our end-state through active business and technology partner engagement in Agile and non-Agile delivery pipelines.
• Provide thought leadership to the immediate business and technology organization to influence improved agility, deeper understanding of the platform’s capabilities, and higher quality products.
• Develop a deep understanding of the business domain and enterprise technology inventory to craft an omni channel solution roadmap that achieves business objectives, maximizes reuse, and protects the ecosystem.
• Drive solution design to consensus and approval as a leader within PayPal’s cross-functional technology team.
• Drives short-term actions consistent with long-term motivations
• The ideal candidate will have 12+ years experience with Customer Service technologies, including web, mobile, voice, email, routing, desktop, chat, bot, asynchronous messaging, contact center analytics and other capability areas
• Leads, collaborates, and communicates architectural vision to architecture, development, and executive teams across the Office of the CIO and other Technology Domains around PayPal Inc.
• Provide regular high-level communications to the executive staff and detailed communications to company-wide stakeholders
• Work with Development Managers, Program Managers, Architects, Lead Engineers, Product Owners, and Business in scoping, phasing, and sizing major company-wide product launches
• Deliver high quality products within aggressive timelines, with little or no guidance
• Proactively engage with other team-members and cross-functional teams to ensure all open issues are identified & resolved.
• Produce diagrams, reference architecture, domain models, and other artifacts that describe complex problems and sprawling end-to-end solutions.
• Identify and mentor critical engineering talent.
• Leverage organization savvy to connect the dots, expose product and delivery opportunities, and then execute.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Individuals seeking employment at PayPal are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You have the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.