PayPal Senior Software Engineer in Bengaluru, India
Senior Software Engineerin Bangaloreat PayPal
Date Posted: 2/27/2018
Employee Type: Full-Time
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 2/27/2018
Job ID: R0029361
HELP US REIMAGINE MONEY.
At PayPal, we believe that now is the time to democratize financial services so that moving and managing money is a right for all citizens, not just the affluent. We are driven by this purpose, and we uphold our cultural values of collaboration, innovation, wellness and inclusion as our guide for making decisions and conducting business every day. It is our duty and privilege to be customer champions and put those we serve at the center of everything we do.
We are one team that respects and values diversity of thought for everyone, everywhere, and we actively seek to create an energizing workplace that brings out the best in all of us. If you’re ready to shape the future of money, join the team at PayPal. We're proud to work here. You will be too.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
As part of the Risk Platform Engineering team, this software engineering role will design, develop and maintain key risk management product features targeted towards availability performance and scalability of PayPal services. The role expects high standard of engineering excellence with some practical experience or at least strong conceptual understanding in building and maintaining internet-scale applications and services.
• Be Part of the high performing PayPal Risk Product Development technologists to work passionately towards designing, developing and maintaining key risk management product features targeted towards availability performance and scalability of PayPal services.
• This individual should be skilled in core java and have a sound understanding of design patterns and service oriented architectural principles.
• This individual should be able to demonstrate craftsmanship by efficiently producing elegant, clean code.
• The code should be well-commented, easy to maintain, and can be reused across a sub-system or feature; it is thoroughly tested with very few bugs, and is supported by unit tests.
• The individual should be an active participant in the product design and code reviews for self and team and can competently review any aspect of their product or major sub-system.
• The Individual should Know how to identify Performance bottlenecks and use good coding patterns to avoid them in the first place.
• This individual should have experience in software design patterns, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Relevant experience of 5-7 years is expected.
• Payments or financial industry experience would be huge plus
• Enhance and maintain existing product capabilities
• Play an active role in implementing and providing feedback on new processes
• Provide technical guidance, assistance to other software engineers.
• Adhere to release/project schedule and milestones.
• Design core, backend software components that interact with databases and other services.
• Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources.
• Work with various cross functional teams like QA, Product and BU and come up with effective processes and solutions to solve business needs.
• Ability to work in a team as well as independently and deliver on aggressive goals individually as well as a team
• Experience of more than 5 years in software development
• Excellent Java/J2EE, Spring Framework, Maven, Jenkin, Design Patterns, SQL, Unix skills.
• Good communication skills
• Experience working with remote development teams
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Must be detail-oriented and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with the ability to appropriately prioritize
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science Engineering Required
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Individuals seeking employment at PayPal are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You have the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.