PayPal Software Engineer 3 in Bengaluru, India
Software Engineer 3in Bangaloreat PayPal
Date Posted: 5/4/2018
Employee Type: Full-Time
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 5/4/2018
Job ID: R0031766
HELP US REIMAGINE MONEY.
At PayPal, we believe that now is the time to democratize financial services so that moving and managing money is a right for all citizens, not just the affluent. We are driven by this purpose, and we uphold our cultural values of collaboration, innovation, wellness and inclusion as our guide for making decisions and conducting business every day. It is our duty and privilege to be customer champions and put those we serve at the center of everything we do.
We are one team that respects and values diversity of thought for everyone, everywhere, and we actively seek to create an energizing workplace that brings out the best in all of us. If you’re ready to shape the future of money, join the team at PayPal. We're proud to work here. You will be too.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Java and data management
We are looking for an exceptional Java software engineer to join the team that works on the PayPal core services . If you really enjoy building enterprise class transactional and interactive web sites that take millions of hits and have interest in the cutting edge technologies then this is your job.
In this role you will be part of the team that is working on the backend services for PayPal Consumer applications, including mobile and web applications.
• Work in a fast-paced environment with business, product managers and designers to add new exciting features to the site or improve existing features.
• Defining the future architecture for the product working with other architects in the group.
• End to end ownership of features including design, coding, deployment and support.
• Bring innovation to the table that helps in improving user experience areas you are responsible for, sell your ideas and be part of the change.
Strong Design and coding exposure in building large scale internet applications.
Good exposure to open source technologies.
• 5+ years of experience in software product development.
• Experience in building complex, scalable and high performance web applications.
• Familiarity with languages and technologies needed for web services development, including Java, C++, REST, Hadoop, Spark, NoSQL Databases.
• Strong communication skills and ability to grasp and convey complex product requirements or technical concepts.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, iterative development environment.
• Experience in designing, implementing and maintaining high performance, high availability (24x7), large-scale web based software applications
• Advanced technical skills including web application development, SQL expertise, designing and developing web services, database and application performance optimizations
• Prior open-source project experience is a plus
• Excellent command of software development life cycle activities including analysis, design, development, unit and system testing, production deployment and post-production support
• Strong time management skills and ability to work on concurrent assignments with different priorities
• Proven results oriented person with a delivery focus
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Individuals seeking employment at PayPal are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You have the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.