PayPal Compliance, SAR Sr Investigator in Chandler, Arizona
Compliance, SAR Sr Investigatorin Chandlerat PayPal
Date Posted: 8/20/2018
Employee Type: Full-Time
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 8/20/2018
Job ID: R0035342
HELP US REIMAGINE MONEY.
At PayPal, we believe that now is the time to democratize financial services so that moving and managing money is a right for all citizens, not just the affluent. We are driven by this purpose, and we uphold our cultural values of collaboration, innovation, wellness and inclusion as our guide for making decisions and conducting business every day. It is our duty and privilege to be customer champions and put those we serve at the center of everything we do.
We are one team that respects and values diversity of thought for everyone, everywhere, and we actively seek to create an energizing workplace that brings out the best in all of us. If you’re ready to shape the future of money, join the team at PayPal. We're proud to work here. You will be too.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 244 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
As a PayPal SAR Senior Investigator, you will be a part of PayPal’s Global Financial Crime and Compliance organization (GFCC), tasked with ensuring that activity within the PayPal system is compliant with Anti-Money Laundering regulations and guidelines. You will be expected to be an AML subject matter expert, with specific emphasis on the creation, monitoring, and timely delivery of Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR) to FinCEN. You will be leading a team of Investigators who are responsible for the preparation of SARs, where you will exercise independent judgment and discretion handling highly sensitive casework.
In this role, you will assess the reviews of a team of Investigators responsible for investigating customer activity across multiple platforms to ensure that it falls within acceptable parameters established by governing bodies including, but not limited to, the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) and the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC). Your efforts will be in accordance to PayPal’s standards, and obligations to the appropriate regulations, such as the Bank Secrecy and USA PATRIOT Acts, and the governing authorities.
You will be tasked with ensuring that PayPal implements the appropriate monitoring and controls of customer activity to ensure that PayPal is satisfying its obligations to the appropriate regulatory authorities, and incorporating successful leadership practices to ensure that your team successfully executes on these obligations accordingly.
As a SAR Senior Investigator, a critical component of your role will be the ongoing assessment of Investigators work and mentoring them, in conjunction with your Manager. You will need the ability to understand opposing points of view within your team and across the organization on highly complex issues and to negotiate and integrate different viewpoints with all levels of Global Financial Crimes and Compliance leadership. You will be expected to interact with peers and financial crimes risk professionals, all levels of management, and other internal or external constituents in order to deliver comprehensive views on investigative and intelligence matters and represent reasoning of case disposition on behalf of your team.
It will be critical for you to stay current with policy changes, seek ways to enhance current processes and controls, and communicate as much to your team in a complete and transparent manner at all times. In this role, you will be expected to be an AML subject matter expert with specific emphasis on the creation, monitoring, and timely delivery of Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR) to FinCEN. You will regularly be expected to ensure that your team exercises independent judgement and discretion handling highly sensitive escalations and casework.
As a SAR Senior Investigator I, your responsibilities include:
• Accurately and thoroughly assessing Investigator quality and leveraging best practices to provide coaching and constructive feedback to Investigators to ensure high quality decisions and appropriate review of potential illegal activity or activity
• Applying analytic techniques to complex information sets in order to make logical and effectively supported recommendations on cases for reporting to Financial Crimes enforcement Network (FinCEN) and/or OFAC. Such investigation decisions are critical to PayPal’s fiduciary responsibility under the Bank Secrecy Act (Anti-Money Laundering rules) to effectively monitor customer’s activities with regard to detecting and reporting suspicious activity, including the predicate offenses of money laundering and terrorist financing
• Using best coaching and mentoring practices to ensure success in the following daily efforts:
Conducting an end-to-end and meticulous review of potential illegal or suspicious activity;
Completing a time-sensitive and meticulous analysis of each instance of potential Anti-Money Laundering activity and/or suspicious financial activity across multiple jurisdictions and countries;
Assessment of customer profiles and large amounts of data to ensure normal and expected activity, including Acceptable Use Policy adherence and Know Your Customer efforts;
Documenting findings in narrative style format, in the manual and automated process case management system and prepare reports to management as required
Regularly exercise good judgement and in making decisions or recommendations in relation to case investigations and employee escalations from within your team;
Work closely with PayPal’s People Team to utilize proper corrective
• A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Legal, Criminal Justice or a comparable field or equivalent work experience;
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience conducting research and investigations related to Fraud, Anti-Money Laundering, Customer/Enhanced Due Diligence investigation or verifications;
• Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience. Will also consider candidates with a minimum 2 years’ experience in peer mentoring/coaching.
• Proven ability to analyze large amounts of data in order to report critical information;
• Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate complex information accurately, clearly and quickly to all levels;
• Ability to lead small teams in a manner that encourages Investigators to work efficiently with an attention to detail in investigations, analysis, and writing;
• Ability to understand opposing points of view on highly complex issues and to negotiate and integrate different viewpoints within your team and across the organization;
• Ability to recognize the need for change management initiatives, and the ability to lead these while maintaining and driving engagement throughout the team;
• Interact with peers and financial crimes risk professionals, all levels of management, and other internal or external constituents in order to deliver comprehensive views on investigative and intelligence matters and represent reasoning of case disposition;
• High level of professionalism, self-motivation and sense of urgency
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Individuals seeking employment at PayPal are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You have the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.