PayPal Technical Lead in Chennai, India
Technical Leadin Chennaiat PayPal
Date Posted: 3/16/2018
Employee Type: Full-Time
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 3/16/2018
Job ID: R0026193
HELP US REIMAGINE MONEY.
At PayPal, we believe that now is the time to democratize financial services so that moving and managing money is a right for all citizens, not just the affluent. We are driven by this purpose, and we uphold our cultural values of collaboration, innovation, wellness and inclusion as our guide for making decisions and conducting business every day. It is our duty and privilege to be customer champions and put those we serve at the center of everything we do.
We are one team that respects and values diversity of thought for everyone, everywhere, and we actively seek to create an energizing workplace that brings out the best in all of us. If you’re ready to shape the future of money, join the team at PayPal. We're proud to work here. You will be too.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal, Global Operations business unit is looking a lead engineer(MTS1 Software Engineer), with strong background in Enterprise Architecture, Design & Integrations. Candidate must be very proficient in Java / Java Enterprise Edition & Databases. Significant PEGA PRPC or other BPM technologies background is highly desirable. Candidate with financial domain exposure, such as working in a Credit Card payment, Bank or Insurance industry experience along with Pega CSSA or CLSA certification is highly preferred. Good understanding of non-functional requirements such as DR, performance, scalability etc is essential to be successful in this role. The candidate must be a seasoned technologist who understands the tradeoffs between different architecture options.
The job requires close interaction with the business in transforming customer requests into a product feature, mentoring & coaching the team members in a right path to implement the financial dispute management system, along with great attitude, excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Design and implement multi-tier software applications, document and test systems, modify as necessary.
• Work independently and with other engineers, architects, managers, QA and Operations teams, design and develop strategic and tactical processes and create solutions that meet business requirements.
• Spends most of the time developing code, and efficiently produces elegant, clean code with no unnecessary complication or abstraction.
• Code is well-commented, easy to maintain, and can be reused across a sub-system or feature. Code may persist for the lifetime of a software version.
• Code is thoroughly tested with very few bugs, and is supported by unit tests.
• Beginning to lead feature or sub-system design reviews and code reviews and be recognized as the go-to Developer for that component.
• Provide technical leadership and mentoring to one’s team members, and throughout other groups.
• Proficient in industry and technical expertise; mentor and coach others, and possess:
o Substantial skill in Pega 6.x and 7.x versions, Java, Oracle
o Good Knowledge on web technologies
o Substantial Functional Knowledge of one or more financial domains
• Can be relied on to deliver features and sub-systems on time and to requirements
• Works well within a team, and contributes effectively to the success of those that they interact with regularly.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Individuals seeking employment at PayPal are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You have the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.