PayPal Senior Manager Consumer Risk Operations in Dublin, Ireland
Senior Manager Consumer Risk Operationsin Dublinat PayPal
Date Posted: 6/6/2018
Employee Type: Full-Time
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 6/6/2018
Job ID: R0033634
HELP US REIMAGINE MONEY.
At PayPal, we believe that now is the time to democratize financial services so that moving and managing money is a right for all citizens, not just the affluent. We are driven by this purpose, and we uphold our cultural values of collaboration, innovation, wellness and inclusion as our guide for making decisions and conducting business every day. It is our duty and privilege to be customer champions and put those we serve at the center of everything we do.
We are one team that respects and values diversity of thought for everyone, everywhere, and we actively seek to create an energizing workplace that brings out the best in all of us. If you’re ready to shape the future of money, join the team at PayPal. We're proud to work here. You will be too.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
As a PayPal Leader, Consumer Risk Services Operations, you will be tasked with ensuring that activity within the PayPal system enables good user growth and prevents fraudulent use and losses. You will be managing a team of professional agents and investigators responsible for execution of our Consumer Risk mitigation program. You will provide oversight, people development and management, as well as engaging with Risk Management partners to collaborate on the use of feedback to improve lead generation, identification of fraud trends and indicators, workflow automation and loss mitigation.
You will build, develop and coach a team who will investigate customer activity across multiple platforms to ensure it is legitimate and does not present risk to PayPal, our merchants or our customers. You will help drive appropriate monitoring and controls in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and Regulatory Guidelines.
It will be critical for you to stay current with policy changes, seek ways to enhance processes and controls, and communicate as much to your team in a complete and transparent manner at all times. You will exercise independent judgement and discretion handling various escalations and scenarios within your team as well as highly sensitive escalations and casework from a variety of sources throughout PayPal.
• Coach and direct Team Leaders, Agents, and Investigators in all teams to be highly responsive and capable of meeting the highest quality of work to meet the required published performance standards.
• You will incorporate effective leadership practices to ensure that your team successfully executes on their obligations and you will be responsible for the quality of their output
• Participate and hold development conversations with Team Leaders for their continued growth and success.
• Establish global relationships throughout the organization, to ensure excellent information flow and feedback on impacts of process, policy and product changes.
• Work with peer managers to leverage best practices, understand new trends and contribute to the implementation of workflow process improvements. Deliver against Departmental goals as agreed
• Participate in special projects as needed and perform other duties as assigned
Leading multiple teams of Group Leaders and their respective organizations to deliver results
• Accountability to lead Global programs of work beyond the core functional deliverables to drive process improvement and alignment, employee engagement and leadership initiatives in Enterprise Services
• Provide clear focus, plans and priorities when leading teams to complete time sensitive analysis and feedback
• Maintain a high level of subject matter expertise to coach, guide and influence other leaders and business managers toward process, policy, product and organizational changes.
• Assist in the development of departmental / functional and developmental goals to build a best in class Consumer Risk Services Operations team
• Participate in the design and execution of the strategic direction and execution of the Consumer Risk Services Operations Program
• Willingness to undertake international travel as required
Knowledge & Competencies
• PayPal product knowledge preferred
• Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate complex information accurately, clearly and quickly to all levels
• Proven track record as an effective leader, coach and mentor of professional level employees who engages teams with a clear sense of purpose and enthusiasm
• Demonstrated ability to lead teams of 50+ employees and 5+ Leader level direct reports
• Ability to recognize the need for change management initiatives, and the ability to lead these while maintaining and driving engagement throughout the team
• Interact with peers and risk professionals, all levels of management, and other internal or external stakeholders to deliver results, determining what is important and urgent, clarifying next steps, and delegating effectively to meet deadlines
• High level of professionalism, self-motivation and sense of urgency
• Ability to direct and motivate others and lead through vision and values
• Ability to combine technical expertise and business understanding to create business value and benefits
Qualifications & Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• 10+ years’ Credit, Risk, and Fraud Management at a financial institution
• 10+ years’ experience in people management
• Customer communication experience
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Individuals seeking employment at PayPal are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You have the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.