PayPal Global Credit Analyst in London,
Global Credit Analystin Londonat PayPal
Date Posted: 7/25/2018
Employee Type: Full-Time
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 7/25/2018
Job ID: R0035196
HELP US REIMAGINE MONEY.
At PayPal, we believe that now is the time to democratize financial services so that moving and managing money is a right for all citizens, not just the affluent. We are driven by this purpose, and we uphold our cultural values of collaboration, innovation, wellness and inclusion as our guide for making decisions and conducting business every day. It is our duty and privilege to be customer champions and put those we serve at the center of everything we do.
We are one team that respects and values diversity of thought for everyone, everywhere, and we actively seek to create an energizing workplace that brings out the best in all of us. If you’re ready to shape the future of money, join the team at PayPal. We're proud to work here. You will be too.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 244 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Braintree builds products that make payments easier—so easy that they fade into the background, making entirely new kinds of interactions possible. The Braintree full-stack payment platform lets companies build their own experiences and then scale their businesses around the globe. We're known for our technology but we're also known for our support, with internal risk and underwriting, account management and technical support teams who ensure a frictionless payments experience.
Recently acquired by PayPal, Braintree is now in an even greater position to change the way people pay. The team recently launched v.zero, a new SDK that enables processing of all payment instruments and platforms in a single code path. Headquartered in Chicago, Braintree has offices in San Francisco, New York, Sydney, London with employees stationed around the world.
We're looking for someone to assist our merchants through the Braintree underwriting process. The ability to exercise sound judgment and be resourceful in all things is imperative to success. Reporting to the Head of Underwriting EU, this is an exciting opportunity to join a newly created team, as Braintree grows its presence in the region.
• Assess business model risk and quickly determine credit exposure risk on new and existing merchants to determine appropriate course of action
• Analyse financial and bank statements to assess credit worthiness
• Prepare underwriting packages as required
• Assist Account Management and Sales with customer calls requiring explanation of specific internal credit policies and decisions related to those policies
• Monitor and investigate merchants’ credit card processing activities using internal and external Risk monitoring tools
• Stay current on merchant industry trends specific to the industries we support
• Tackle multiple new bank partnerships with zeal
• Review contracts and applications to identify necessary changes and outstanding questions for implementation
• Review incoming application packages to make sure all the necessary information is present
• Contact prospective international customers to explain what items might be missing from their application and why we need them
• Update pertinent information for customers in the CRM, and setup their new merchant accounts in our gateway
• Receive requests for more information from banks and solve independently, or with a team when needed.
• Update internal wiki with information about the industry, credit policies and general instructions
• Occasional domestic and overseas travel (10%)
• Degree or equivalent professional qualification preferable, but not essential.
• Experience of working for a merchant services company in an underwriting and/or commercial lending role would be advantageous.
• General knowledge of financial statement analysis
• Awareness of Card Scheme rules
• Solid understanding of credit and fraud risk within the payments industry
Skills & Abilities required:
• A highly analytical team player who loves to evaluate degrees of financial risk
• A top-notch inspector and investigator
• An acute sense of right and wrong with the calculations to back it up
• A do-er, someone who is obsessed with details and getting things right
• Someone who embodies customer advocacy
• An organisational phenom – you have everything in its place
• A collaborator – someone who has previous experience liaising between various departments and stakeholders
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Individuals seeking employment at PayPal are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You have the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.