PayPal Product Manager in Lutherville-Timonium, Maryland
Product Managerin Timoniumat PayPal
Date Posted: 7/13/2018
Employee Type: Full-Time
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 7/13/2018
Job ID: R0034151
HELP US REIMAGINE MONEY.
At PayPal, we believe that now is the time to democratize financial services so that moving and managing money is a right for all citizens, not just the affluent. We are driven by this purpose, and we uphold our cultural values of collaboration, innovation, wellness and inclusion as our guide for making decisions and conducting business every day. It is our duty and privilege to be customer champions and put those we serve at the center of everything we do.
We are one team that respects and values diversity of thought for everyone, everywhere, and we actively seek to create an energizing workplace that brings out the best in all of us. If you’re ready to shape the future of money, join the team at PayPal. We're proud to work here. You will be too.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The Product Manager of Business Lending will be responsible for driving product adoption and repeat usage. Relentlessly optimizing the conversion funnel by identifying customer pain points and developing solutions with the Customer through user experience improvements. This role requires exceptional understanding of user experience and use of data to drive insights on problems.. This person will have a proven track record scoping and building products and experiences for consumer technology applications, and ideally for consumer financial services.
• Conduct market and usability research to identify opportunities for PayPal to create market-leading solutions that will delight our customers and grow our business
• Enhance product experiences with customers throughout the product development lifecycle to maximize funnel conversion and multiple product uptake.
• Work as a key member of our cross-functional expansion team to have initiatives and investments approved; upon approval, define and document detailed business requirements
• Ensure that, as business requirements are translated to product and technical requirements, the product continues to meet market needs and appropriate tradeoffs are made throughout the development cycle
10+ years of software product management, product marketing, or funnel conversion experience
• Successful track record or working and collaborating as a team, and across multiple stakeholders and geographies, to deliver project outcomes
• Knowledgeable in technology with the ability to get up to speed on PayPal’s product suite quickly
• Adept at testing and measurement of experiences and diagnosing problems through usability research and web site tracking analytics.
• Ability to work well individually and within a cross functional team and demonstrated experience working with geographically dispersed teams
• Knowledge in customer driven innovation is preferred, or ability to get up to speed quickly on the process and various research methodologies
• Self-starter, entrepreneurial spirit with a “hands on” approach
• Clear, strategic thinker with vision, with the ability to execute on priorities
• Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Individuals seeking employment at PayPal are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You have the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.