PayPal Director, ERCS, Program Management in New York, New York
Director, ERCS, Program Managementin New Yorkat PayPal
Date Posted: 5/20/2018
Employee Type: Full-Time
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 5/20/2018
Job ID: R0030217
HELP US REIMAGINE MONEY.
At PayPal, we believe that now is the time to democratize financial services so that moving and managing money is a right for all citizens, not just the affluent. We are driven by this purpose, and we uphold our cultural values of collaboration, innovation, wellness and inclusion as our guide for making decisions and conducting business every day. It is our duty and privilege to be customer champions and put those we serve at the center of everything we do.
We are one team that respects and values diversity of thought for everyone, everywhere, and we actively seek to create an energizing workplace that brings out the best in all of us. If you’re ready to shape the future of money, join the team at PayPal. We're proud to work here. You will be too.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
This role will oversee the Enterprise Risk, Compliance, and Security (ERCS) Project Management Office, as well as support the Regulatory Change Management function and will:
• Provide leadership, direction and functional expertise to develop and drive the strategy for the Project Management Office through proven standardized project/program management tools, practices, and methodologies.
• Lead a programmatic governance structure to reinforce execution through strong project management.
• Proactively identify issues/conflicts that may impede project execution; engage senior leadership and other key stakeholders to evaluate issues, drive resolution and enable successful outcomes.
• Provide strategic direction to a project team of stakeholders from across the business in the execution of future state programs/initiatives.
• Anticipate and provide strategies/solutions to highly complex project/program management issues or conflicts.
• Direct change management and communications, ensuring appropriate leadership approval and transparency.
• Maintain knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends of regulatory and business initiatives to incorporate proactive planning into roadmaps and future initiatives.
• Direct/execute approved strategy decisions and contribute to the direction of key strategic programs.
• Collaborate with stakeholders to define and provide executive-level reporting on progress against key initiatives and business outcomes to demonstrate strong oversight.
• Partner with functional leaders from across the organization and business units to contribute to the development of detailed program plans and roadmap prioritization.
• Support ERCS to ensure the organization is designed to be flexible, scalable and capable of quickly adapting to change.
• Build relationships with key internal customers and stakeholders and ensures the project management office supports the organizational needs and drives execution.
• Lead through influence, personal conviction, and sensitivity. Build trust and foster relationships with key stakeholders. Build impactful cross-functional relationships by promoting the “one team” concept in a variety of ways on a daily basis.
• Support and promote an environment of team member engagement and diversity where everyone feels included, valued, and supported to do the work that energizes and inspires them to go farther together and achieve success.
• Provide subject matter expertise to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
This Director will need to build strong relationships with PayPal business partners and within the ERCS organization to be effectively positioned to understand, communicate and influence plans, results, issues, and outcomes. This leader will work in a complex, fast-paced matrixed environment, replete with tight deliverable timeframes and multiple stakeholders, both internal and external. This position is expected to act independently and demonstrate strong initiative. This leader needs to influence outcomes, minimize and address conflict and demonstrate in-depth understanding of compliance and operational risks. The role requires a sense of urgency, passion for results, and personal accountability for achievement.
The individual must possess program management expertise and business acumen along with strategic and innovative thinking and an unwavering focus on the customer. Their strong leadership and relationship skills, resilience and ability to effectively communicate will be key in driving results the right way.
12+ years of related experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk).
8+ years supervisory experience.
Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with experience presenting to Senior Leadership.
Ability to work across multiple lines of business leading large scale complex project management initiatives with high attention to detail and accuracy; while multitasking and meeting deadlines despite competing priorities.
Proven and demonstrated leadership skills including relationship-building and collaboration skills with clear ability to influence, gain buy-in and negotiate with a diverse group of key business partners/stakeholders including senior management.
Demonstrated ability to work independently, self-starter and highly motivated to work in a fast paced and changing environment.
Ability to credibly challenge solutions and reporting to risk owners and ensure that timely escalation of issues and concerns occurs as and when appropriate.
Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment.
Proven ability to operate in ambiguous environments and exhibit agility in navigating from current state to proposed solutions.
Strong computer knowledge; excellent MS Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint skills.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Individuals seeking employment at PayPal are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You have the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.