PayPal Compliance Supervisor, Sanctions in Omaha, Nebraska
Compliance Supervisor, Sanctionsin Omahaat PayPal
Date Posted: 6/29/2018
Employee Type: Full-Time
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 6/29/2018
Job ID: R0034742
HELP US REIMAGINE MONEY.
At PayPal, we believe that now is the time to democratize financial services so that moving and managing money is a right for all citizens, not just the affluent. We are driven by this purpose, and we uphold our cultural values of collaboration, innovation, wellness and inclusion as our guide for making decisions and conducting business every day. It is our duty and privilege to be customer champions and put those we serve at the center of everything we do.
We are one team that respects and values diversity of thought for everyone, everywhere, and we actively seek to create an energizing workplace that brings out the best in all of us. If you’re ready to shape the future of money, join the team at PayPal. We're proud to work here. You will be too.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal is the purveyor of New Money, enabling global commerce to the tune of more than 7.7 million payments every day. Because PayPal helps people transact anytime, anywhere and in any way, the company is a driving force behind the growth of mobile commerce, as it processed 12% of the world’s mobile payments in 2014. More than dollars and cents, New Money is common sense.
Do you have a passion for conducting investigations and analyzing financial activity? Do you want to join a company that will give you industry leading training, cutting edge technology and access to worldwide, world-class customers? Join PayPal’s Global Compliance & Ethics team! Job Description: As a Compliance Supervisor, Sanctions, you will be a part of PayPal’s Global Compliance & Ethics team leading a team tasked with ensuring that activity within the PayPal system is compliant with Anti-Money Laundering regulations and guidelines. Your efforts will be in accordance to PayPal’s Compliance and Ethics Standards, and obligations to the appropriate regulations, such as the Bank Secrecy and USA PATRIOT Acts, and other governing authorities. You will build and develop a direct team of Sr. Investigators and Sr. Investigators responsible for investigating customer activity across multiple platforms to ensure that it falls within acceptable parameters established by governing bodies including, but not limited to, the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) and the US Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC). In this role, you will be tasked with ensuring PayPal implements the appropriate monitoring and controls to align customer activity with its obligations to the appropriate regulatory authorities, and incorporating effective leadership practices to ensure that your team successfully executes on these obligations accordingly. A critical component of your role will be the ongoing development of a high performing team, capable of producing the highest quality work amidst the ever-changing global compliance landscape. You will need understand opposing points of view within your team and across the organization on highly complex issues and to negotiate and integrate different viewpoints with all levels of Global Compliance, Risk and Security(GCRS) leadership. You will interact with peers and financial crimes risk professionals, all levels of management, and other internal or external constituents in order to deliver comprehensive views on investigative and intelligence matters and represent reasoning of case disposition on behalf of your team. It will be critical for you to stay current with policy changes, seek ways to enhance current processes and controls, and communicate as much to your team in a complete and transparent manner at all times. You will regularly be expected to exercise independent judgement and discretion handling various escalations and scenarios within your team as well as highly sensitive escalations and casework from a variety of sources throughout PayPal.
As a Compliance Supervisor, Sanctions, your responsibilities include:
• Applying analytic techniques to complex information sets from GC&E and other adjacent organizations in order to make logical and supported recommendations to leadership and to your direct reports on cases for reporting to Financial Crimes enforcement Network (FinCEN) and/or OFAC. Such investigation decisions are critical to PayPal’s fiduciary responsibility under the Bank Secrecy Act (Anti-Money Laundering rules) to effectively monitor customer’s activities with regard to detecting and reporting suspicious activity, including the predicate offenses of money laundering and terrorist financing;
• Using best coaching/developmental/inspirational practices to ensure that your teams are successful in the following daily efforts: o Completing time-sensitive and meticulous analysis of each instance of potential AntiMoney Laundering activity and/or suspicious financial activity across multiple jurisdictions and countries; o Managing reviews in an effective and efficient manner o Sr. Investigators evaluating work of all Investigators to assure high quality results across the team o • Assessing talent and developing Investigators
• Regularly exercising good judgement in making decisions or recommendations in relation to case investigations and employee escalations from within your team;
• Working closely with PayPal’s People Team to utilize proper corrective action procedures as required;
• Scheduling, preparing and leading 1:1 coaching, scheduled team learning sessions, and other forums to ensure they are interactive, engaging, and Investigator-driven discussions based upon developmental needs of the team;
• Ability to accurately and thoroughly assess team performance and communicate the same to Investigators on a regular basis to ensure that each member of the team is aware of his/her performance at any given time as well as the development and execution of action plans aimed at improving Investigator performance when needed
• A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Legal, Criminal Justice or a comparable field or equivalent work experience;
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience conducting research and investigations related to Fraud, AntiMoney Laundering, Customer/Enhanced Due Diligence investigation or verifications, Sanctions monitoring
• Minimum of 2 years supervising an organization of investigators or Investigators
• Proven ability to analyze large amounts of data in order to report critical information;
• Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate complex information accurately, clearly and quickly to all levels;
• Ability to lead teams in a manner that encourages Investigators to work efficiently with an attention to detail in investigations, analysis, and writing;
• Ability to understand opposing points of view on highly complex issues and to negotiate and integrate different viewpoints within your team and across the organization;
• Ability to recognize the need for change management initiatives, and the ability to lead these while maintaining and driving engagement throughout the team;
• Interact with peers and financial crimes risk professionals, all levels of management, and other internal or external constituents in order to deliver comprehensive views on investigative and intelligence matters and represent reasoning of case disposition;
High level of professionalism, self-motivation and sense of urgency
PayPal is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, long-term unemployment or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible. PayPal will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with PayPal’s legal duty to furnish information.
Shift: Sunday - Wednesday, 7:00am - 5:30pm
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Individuals seeking employment at PayPal are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You have the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.