PayPal Head - Global Sales Compensation in San Jose, California
Head - Global Sales Compensationin San Joseat PayPal
Date Posted: 9/6/2018
Employee Type: Full-Time
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 9/6/2018
Job ID: R0035879
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 244 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The PayPal global sales organization acquires merchant and partners via direct and indirect sales teams, as part of the Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) organization. The Commercial CFO team works closely with the CCO and their team to decide the strategy and priorities needed to grow the global business, and the Sales Compensation team reports into the CFO for the CCO Org. The Head of Global Sales Compensation is a strategic thought partner to Sales executives and leads a team in the design, implementation, administration and communication of motivating incentive programs for our high performing, globally located Sales, Telesales and Business Development teams. We are looking for a leader who is on the forefront of best practices in sales compensation and is energized by their field.
• Provide strategic direction and operational leadership in sales compensation design and delivery
• Develop a total rewards strategy by researching best practices and trends, leading the analysis of effectiveness and competitiveness of existing incentive programs, and presenting findings and solutions.
• Lead the annual compensation planning cycles and provide expert counsel
• Develop salary budget, and prepare policies and procedures to insure the achievement of competitive employee compensation
• Review sales and business development team performance metrics on a regular basis and provide recommendations for incenting improvements
• Ensure alignment of incentive/reward elements with culture and in service to business objectives
• Work across PayPal to partner with stakeholders on the HR, Finance, and Legal teams as needed to ensure accurate financial reporting, compliance with all employment and tax laws
• Partner with Sales leaders and HRBPs to ensure successful change leadership and communications related to changes in sales incentive programs
• Maintain a working knowledge of international, federal, and state legislation influencing compensation
• Partner across all internal teams to ensure a seamless, optimal experience for Sales leaders and employees when engaging with the finance organization
• Manage all aspects of performance and development of direct reports and others on the compensation team
• 10–12 or more years of compensation experience with a minimum of 5 years management experience
• Demonstrated expertise in the design, development, implementation, and administration of all types of compensation programs (benchmark, incentive, sales , and all other employees)
• Strong understanding of international compensation practices
• Experience with the administration and enhancement of incentive software systems
• Strong analytical and spreadsheet skills (Excel)
• Experience with CRM/SFDC systems and sales ops processes
• Accomplished leadership skills, including individual and team development, modeling of leadership principles and successful teamwork.
• Highly skilled in influencing at all levels of an organization. Confident, positive, collaborative leadership presence
• Proven ability to launch and operate programs and processes globally
• Creative problem solving skills. Ability to accurately compile and synthesize both quantitative and qualitative data.
• Strong knowledge, understanding, and application of Federal and State employment laws: FLSA, EEO, etc. required
• Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, HR or related area
• CCP or SHRM/HRCI certification a plus
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Individuals seeking employment at PayPal are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You have the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.