PayPal Program Managers in San Jose, California
Program Managersin San Joseat PayPal
Date Posted: 7/25/2018
Employee Type: Full-Time
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 7/25/2018
Job ID: R0035632
HELP US REIMAGINE MONEY.
At PayPal, we believe that now is the time to democratize financial services so that moving and managing money is a right for all citizens, not just the affluent. We are driven by this purpose, and we uphold our cultural values of collaboration, innovation, wellness and inclusion as our guide for making decisions and conducting business every day. It is our duty and privilege to be customer champions and put those we serve at the center of everything we do.
We are one team that respects and values diversity of thought for everyone, everywhere, and we actively seek to create an energizing workplace that brings out the best in all of us. If you’re ready to shape the future of money, join the team at PayPal. We're proud to work here. You will be too.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 244 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
We are currently seeking Program Managers (across management levels) with relevant experience in Agile project management, product launch management, change management and organizational dynamics.
As Program Managers, you will:
• Organize and lead planning activities resulting in the creation of a release/program roadmap. Ensure all teams align with enterprise planning expectations.
• Define launch strategy for new product capabilities including geographic scope and rollouts, detailed timing, ramp and analytics plan
• Proactively manage across stakeholder groups to establish interdependencies, identify risks and resource constraints, and eliminate significant roadblocks in a timely fashion.
• Exercise smart decision-making and effectively collaborate with other leaders and stakeholders to address key issues and roadblocks aggressively and in a timely fashion.
• Ensure measurable KPIs are developed for the program, and that they align to the overall KPIs for the product.
• Design and manage pilots and beta testing
• Create and manage clear Gating Criteria with business partners for Go/No-go decisions.
• Ensure regular, active communication with adjacent programs and external stakeholders, including international regions.
• Identify program impediments and address including proper escalation to individuals/groups as needed
• Lead program retrospectives and commitment to improvement on a regular cadence
• Advocate and manage program implementation according to PayPal’s product lifecycle management
• Maintain awareness of cross product/program synergies and actively communicate opportunities to simplify or better align work across teams.
• Lead effective project / program governance and stakeholder management, ensuring adequate understanding of timelines, resource needs, risks, contentions, and dependencies
• Assess the current methodology, identify / rationalize gaps vs. best practices, and continuously improve the process to support our aggressive deployment schedule.
Professional experience requirements:
Candidates from 3 to 10+ years of experience are welcome for a variety of roles and levels.
Relevant experience organizing multiple teams delivering on software/product development initiatives required. Agile lifecycle management experience preferred.
Successful track record of managing complex development programs to deliver technical solutions and achieve business results, positively impacting the customer experience.
Proven ability to develop effective, matrixed, cross-organization relationships, collaborating and communicating across business and technology stakeholders and multiple geographies
Strong technical acumen and strong voice of the customer across the program delivery lifecycle.
Good knowledge of project management process, project management software tools, templates and management techniques
Experience with different software development methodologies including the agile development methodology such as Scrum
Success in developing program/project level artifacts to support a major software implementation program with concurrent releases
Key competency requirements:
An inherent bias to action
Proven leadership skills; self-motivated and a self-starter with a “Can do” attitude
Team player, energetic personality, quality minded, focused, committed and able to work independently in a fast paced, changing environment
High degree of professional confidence and credibility with effective presence, strong written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate technical concepts and plans at all levels
Sharp business judgment, detail oriented yet able to always see the "big picture"
Strong partnering and influencing skills in all mediums and throughout all levels of the organization including senior leaders
Strong problem-solving skills, able to prioritize among many conflicting needs, advocate a course of action, and pursue it consistently
Ability to adapt, be flexible and responsive to dynamic situations
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Individuals seeking employment at PayPal are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You have the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.