PayPal Senior Android Engineer in San Jose, California
Senior Android Engineerin San Joseat PayPal
Date Posted: 7/6/2018
Employee Type: Full-Time
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 7/6/2018
Job ID: R0032740
HELP US REIMAGINE MONEY.
At PayPal, we believe that now is the time to democratize financial services so that moving and managing money is a right for all citizens, not just the affluent. We are driven by this purpose, and we uphold our cultural values of collaboration, innovation, wellness and inclusion as our guide for making decisions and conducting business every day. It is our duty and privilege to be customer champions and put those we serve at the center of everything we do.
We are one team that respects and values diversity of thought for everyone, everywhere, and we actively seek to create an energizing workplace that brings out the best in all of us. If you’re ready to shape the future of money, join the team at PayPal. We're proud to work here. You will be too.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
We are passionate about code quality and follow our defined best practices while always searching for new, better ways to get things done. We value our ego-free code review and have continuous integration set up to test our pull requests, deliver nightly builds and run nightly regressions with our automated tests. We work closely and quickly with our design team to build, user test and iterate on new features with a customer driven focus. We value our casual work-hard/play-hard office culture and make ample use of our foosball & ping pong tables and kitchens stocked with coffee and snacks.
• Assist in architecture, design and development of PayPal Android application
• Influencing peers, juniors and seniors both within the organization and across PayPal.
• Native Android app development and converting ideas, designs and requirements to concrete stable production builds
• Coordinate and collaborate with the Product and Engineering teams to understand problems, come up with creative solutions, and help with tracking and delivering within the release plan
• Understand and implement Android specific design patterns
• Collaborate with Engineering and QA to resolve bug
• 5+ years of native Android development experience
• Extremely comfortable with understanding and implementing internet application with REST services at the backend
• Super awesome with Android concepts like fragments, location services, Google Cloud Messaging API, UI transitions, Image processing and multi threaded communications, amongst others
• Familiarity with continuous integration (Jenkins), application monitoring (Crashlytics and fabric.io), mocking tools (Appium and Apiary), build tool development and enhancements, using unit testing and cucumber tests for functional tests.
• Extremely comfortable with understanding and implementing client-side handlers for web services with REST services at the backend
• Knowledge in Android Studio and GitHub is a huge plus
• B.S. or equivalent degree in Computer Science is desired
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Individuals seeking employment at PayPal are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You have the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.