PayPal Sr. Java Software Engineer in San Jose, California
Sr. Java Software Engineerin San Joseat PayPal
Date Posted: 9/6/2018
Employee Type: Full-Time
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 9/6/2018
Job ID: R0037019
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 244 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
We are creating a world where 'payments' is synonymous with PayPal. The PayPal Platform is a suite of web services, which are used by internal and external developers to enable payments anytime, anywhere and anyway. The Platform processes billions of requests, and enables PayPal and its partners to rapidly innovate on new payment scenarios and enable new experiences. Therefore, the evolution of the Platform is integral to PayPal’s long-term strategy.
As an Engineer in our team you will be responsible for helping to build a platform that takes full advantage of the data we generate to facilitating delightful customized experiences for our users. Our system deals with billions of events that we analyze and process; using the results in real time decisions during the processing of payments, so we want engineers who are versatile, who understand the significance of performance and availability and are enthusiastic to take on new challenges. You will work closely with product and experience and/or integration teams in a dynamic and fast paced environment where you can influence not just the design and technology to use but also how we do business. You’ll work in an agile environment with a focus on problem solving and engineering excellence.
• Help build a world-class team and cultivate innovation.
• Lead designs of major software components, systems, and features.
• Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
• Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables with your technical expertise.
• Ability to go in-depth on the technology stack, across different technologies to understand end-2-end system workflow.
• Own and drive development and delivery of features in the API
• Partner closely with product and other dependent teams to craft great product experiences.
• Be a crafts(wo)man and encourage code craftsmanship across team.
• Actively participate in code reviews to attain the highest standards for Java REST API
• Follow agile methodologies PDLC
• Provide architectural leadership in product development team.
• Drive teams to follow clean code principles.
• Drive innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development.
• BS/BA or equivalent with 15+ years professional software development experience.
• Knowledge of object-oriented design and design patterns, and programming skills
• Experience in designing, developing and delivering software and/or platforms used by other developers,
• Hands-on experience in core Java
• Familiar and comfortable with the technologies, the tradeoffs, and the design patterns emerging in web services
• Deep understanding of how high performance, high throughput and highly scalable systems are built and maintained.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Individuals seeking employment at PayPal are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You have the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.