PayPal Mgr, Policy & Committee Governance in Scottsdale, Arizona
Mgr, Policy & Committee Governancein Scottsdaleat PayPal
Date Posted: 9/3/2018
Employee Type: Full-Time
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 9/3/2018
Job ID: R0036684
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 244 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
This role, reporting to the Senior Director, GGRC – Governance and Reporting, will be responsible for:
● Leading PayPal’s policy governance process, including setting company-wide standards, overseeing compliance, managing the system records.
● Drafting and reviewing policies.
● Enhancing and executing a comprehensive governance and reporting framework for PayPal's GGRC organization.
● Creating templates and processes to provide clear and concise program updates to Senior Leadership.
● Driving the creation of key KPI / KRI metrics.
● Creating or improving critical governance processes within the GGRC organization.
● Maintaining appropriate records of escalations, decisions, and day-to-day operational policies and procedures.
● Leading across the organization to ensure critical compliance matters are appropriately escalated, documented and reported to Senior Management.
● Actively develop relationships and work collaboratively with cross functional groups and leaders within & outside of PayPal to drive for results and influence issue resolution.
● Championing the goals and objectives of GGRC across the organization.
At least five years of legal, governance or business experience required.
Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with experience presenting to Senior Leadership.
Ability to work across multiple lines of business leading large scale complex project management initiatives with high attention to detail and accuracy; while multitasking and meeting deadlines despite competing priorities.
Proven and demonstrated leadership skills including relationship-building and collaboration skills with clear ability to influence, gain buy-in and negotiate with a diverse group of key business partners/stakeholders including senior management.
Demonstrated ability to work independently, self-starter and highly motivated to work in a fast paced and changing environment.
Ability to credibly challenge solutions and reporting to risk owners and ensure that timely escalation of issues and concerns occurs as and when appropriate.
Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment.
Proven ability to operate in ambiguous environments and exhibit agility in navigating from current state to proposed solutions.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Individuals seeking employment at PayPal are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You have the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.